Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Resources for Vandwellers

This little web site http://vandwellers.org  written by a friend of mine, see very little traffic. ALL the information there for vehicle dwellers and homeless people, including the Vandwellers guide (http://www.vandwellers.org/guide/vandwellersguide.pdf), Homeless guide (http://vandwellers.org/homeless/ozhomelessguide.pdf) and the 2-page "living in your vehicle flyer" (http://www.vandwellers.org/quickguide.pdf) is free.

Please help get the word out by sharing the link -  http://vandwellers.org on your blog or Facebook page.

I assure you, my friend is not writing this for vanity, or pride, or to make money or even to drive visitors to his web site. He is doing it because "there are a lot of people out there that need the information, and I want to either get it to them or help them find it."

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Swankie! I will check out the website. The first pdf would not open, it was asking for a login ID and password.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let Rom know of the problems. Thanks Tinabeane.

      Delete
  2. I posted a link to the site on Pinterest. I get a fairly decent following on my "RV Planning" Pinterest board. BUT, what appears is a screen that says "Please do not hot link from this site." I assume he does this to prevent people using his content on their sites that have ads. But, Pinterest is a great tool for building traffic. I had to delete my "pin" linking to his site. This reminds me that I need to try to "Pin" your blog, which I have been reading and enjoying for the last few months. I hope to be at RTR in January, beginning my own vandwelling life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look forward to meeting you C.J. I'll let Rom know of the problems. Thanks.

      Delete
    2. Hi all. The password protection of the main PDF files is to prevent robots from downloading it and eating all my site bandwidth, the same with the hotlink protection. These are both fairly common tools used byv web masters to prevent people from using all our bandwidth. The passwords for the main PDF file are:
      User; I
      pword; agree2rules
      I'll update the hotlink image.
      Thanks all
      Romana.

      Delete

Who is Swankie?

My photo
Anywhere, USA, Full-Time USA traveler, United States
In 2006, I was shopping for a wheelchair. By 2007, I had new knees, better health and by 2008 a kayak. In Aug 2013, I kayaked my 49th state, Alaska, at the Holgate Glacier and in May 2014, I kayaked Hawaii, my 50th state, to celebrate my 70th Birthday and the finale to the wonderful adventure of Kayaking America? Next up... Solo Hiking the Arizona Trail, 820 miles? Maybe. Still healing from shoulder and trying to decide.

Followers: